Wednesday 15 May 2013

"Friends are like Stars: you don't always see them but you know they are shinning bright" - Anon

Friends are truly like stars. Especially when you are in a dark place, they lighten the way for you. And sometimes, although you can't always see them, you know they are there.

As you may have guessed I have been having a roller coaster time at the moment. Epilepsy is playing silly beggars and a lot of changes have happened in my life all at once, and it is starting to become a little too much for one to deal with. Thankfully I have some amazing people in my life to help me deal with these times. Whether it is my partner who is up in the early hours, reassuring me that everything is going to be okay after a seizure; or my friends back up north who I rarely see, but either come to visit or have long conversations on the phone; or an amazing person who has recently walked into my life and stands outside in the piss pouring rain smoking a ciggie with me in the darkest hours of the night. Friends new and old have been by my side recently, and for this I am so blessed. Without them I dread to think where I would be.

Some days, for me at the moment, I feel like this:

Other days, I can feel like this:


Today, it was a day that mostly consisted of this:

I spend a lot of my time at the moment sleeping due to medication changes and seizures tiring me out. Some would say that is a good thing, and are envious of being able to sleep for long periods. However, I am envious of them. They can go to work with out issue, they can drive, they can have a shower without someone having to be around, along with many other things. As I have said in a previous entry, I know there are people far worse off then I am at the moment, and will always be far worse off then me, and I am truly blessed to have a roof over my head, amazing people etc. But I just want to reach that light at the end of the tunnel....and thankfully I have awesome people around that are helping me get there, whether they know it or not :)



Peace out!





No comments:

Post a Comment