Wednesday 26 June 2013

3 years ago

3 years ago today, I lost someone amazing from my life. My Grandad. He waited until he had opened his birthday cards, waited for both me and my mother to be out of the room, then he peacefully went. In a space of 15 minutes my life turned upside down. 

This is my little tribute to him. I know he would not approve of some of my life choices, however I know he would have been proud of what I have achieved. He was so supportive through a tough time in my life, and the more time I spent with him (I lived with him for a few years) the more we became closer, and became friends. Through this time I found out so much about him, his life, and so much more.

What I am trying to say is that I am so grateful for having him in my life. So many people do not get the chance to grow up with grandparents. Him and my Nan taught me and my brother so much over the years that they are responsible for the people we have turned out today. 

I hope you're up there with Nan, having a bottle of whiskey and an old holborn rolley on the go, putting the world to rights.

Miss you and love you loads.

Sleep tight 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment